Who We Are
Our vision empowers Service Members, Veterans, and their families through free retreats, supportive programs, wellness and education in a confidential and safe environment.
We are an organization that helps US Veterans and their spouse or partner and children with addressing the challenges, fears and stigma that they face during and after Military service.
Project New Hope was founded in 2010 and established in January 2011 by a disabled Air Force Veteran, William H. (Bill) Moore M.A. Our vision is one of hope for every Service Member, Veteran, as well as their spouse and or significant other who has felt the impact of military service. Our network of support allows us the ability to identify and align the appropriate support by wrapping services and resources around the entire family. We welcome Service Members and Veterans of all eras from across the United States.
We partner with organizations that provide support to families of Massachusetts Service Members fallen in service.
Where Veterans Rebuild with Honor
Number of Veterans and family members who have attended our retreats since 2011
Number of families served by “Operation Jeepers Christmas” since 2018
Number of participants in the 2020 “Birdies for Veterans Charity Golf Tournament” fundraiser
Number of “Back to School Brigade” backpacks filled with school supplies for Military children in 2020
Honors & Awards
Because of the generosity of many, our programs continue to expand. Project New Hope has continued to grow and evolve, yet we remain focused on doing what we do best, which is to provide weekend retreats and wrap around services to Military Veterans and their families. In addition to the weekend retreats, we have also added the following services:
- Our baby pantries are fully stocked for Veterans and Military families in need at all our locations, Worcester and Westfield, MA
- Our Operation Jeepers Christmas program helps provide gifts for Veterans and Military families during the holidays.
- Our Backpack Brigade provides the necessary school supplies for Veteran and Military children.
Of the many accomplishments and awards we have received, we were most proud in 2013 to have sponsored the very first LBGTQ retreat in the United States, and it was a major success. In 2019, we proudly received a Hidden Heroes Award from the Elizabeth Dole Foundation. Project New Hope was one of thirteen organizations nationwide who received funding for innovative and evidence-based programs that address the long-term needs of military caregivers, the spouses, parents, and loved ones caring for wounded, ill or injured service members and veterans at home.
Other awards and recognition:
- Recognition – Conductors of the Community Worcester Railers
- Letter of Appreciation – Department of Veteran Services City of Chicopee
- Certificate of appreciation – The Marines of Recruiting Station Springfield
- Certificate of Appreciation – United States Marine Corps
- Myra Kraft Community MVP – New England Patriots Charitable Foundation
- Certificate from MA House of Representatives – State Rep Kate Campanale
- Official Citation Office of the Sheriff – Sheriff Lew Evangelidis
- 2015 Letter of Recognition – Department of Army & Airforce Major General of MA National Guard, presented by the Adjunct General Scott Rice
- Seven Seals Award – National Guard & Reserve
- Award of Merit – Key to the City of Worcester by Mayor Joseph Petty
- Award of Merit – The Armed Forces Committee of Worcester County
- Congratulations Merit – Department of Veteran Services, presented by Coleman Nee
- State Senate Citation from MA Senator Michael Moore
- American Gold Star Mothers Award
- 2014 Letter of Appreciation from U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse
- Thomas J. Hudner Local Hero Award – Volunteers of America, Massachusetts
- In Honor of PNH Certificate and Flag flown in Afghanistan – United States Army
- Congratulations letter from Senator Michael Moore
- Letter of Appreciation from U.S. Senator Bernard Sanders, Chair of Committee of Veteran Affairs
- Certificate of Appreciation – Department of the Army
- Certificate of Appreciation – Rhode Island Air National Guard & Family Readiness Program
- Community Service Award – US Family Health Plan, presented by Colonel Robert E. Hawes
- Certificate of Appreciation – Department of Massachusetts Combat Wounded Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Letter of Appreciation from US Senator Scott Brown
- Senate Citation from State Senator Michael Moore & Representative John Binenda
- Certificate of Appreciation from U.S. Congressman James McGovern