Military Sexual Trauma and PTSD Retreat
April is sexual assault awareness month, and Project New Hope invites Veterans who have experienced military sexual trauma, in any form, to a weekend retreat for peace and relaxation, healing therapy, and to enjoy the outdoors with fellow Veterans.
This retreat for individual Veterans and/or Couples includes:
- Activities including kayaking, hiking, biking, campfires, and quiet reflection
- Reflexology, acupuncture, and reiki
- Music Therapy with Resounding Joy
- Art Therapy with Warrior Art Room
- Veterans Benefits Administration MST claims expert will be on site all weekend to provide educational workshops and to work one-on-one with Veterans
Workshops will be provided by Lindsay M. Amherst, Veterans Service Representative, Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator, Woman Veterans Coordinator, Providence VA Regional Office (304) USMC Veteran.
A $50 fee will be required at registration, and will be fully refunded at the completion of the retreat. Our retreats are 100% drug and alcohol free. All lodging, meals and activities are provided to Veterans free of charge. Transportation to or from retreat not included.
Retreat registration closes two weeks prior to the start date.
Proof of Military Service (no exceptions). Military ID, DD-214, VA Health Care Card or Driver’s License with “veteran” on license will be required before attending retreat.
Mail, fax or email Proof of Military Service.
Project New Hope Inc.
70 James Street, Suite 157
Worcester, MA 01603
- April 19-21, 2019
- Grotonwood Conference Center
167 Prescott Street
Groton, MA 01450
Lindsay M. Amherst
Veterans Service Representative Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator